Super Fund Lookup tools
- Lookup tools Agreement
Lookup tools AgreementVersion: 7.4.12
Terms and conditions
The Super Fund Lookup tools are convenient, free of charge way to access the publically available information about superannuation entities through the Australian Business Number (ABN) or fund names.
Note: these funds are not endorsed, and their performance is not guaranteed, by the Commonwealth of Australia (including the ATO or the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority).
Limitations of information available through Super Fund Lookup
While the ATO seeks to regularly update the ABN Lookup database with super fund information, and keep it up to date, details for the database are provided to the ATO from various sources. For this reason:
- you should not rely on the Super Fund Lookup tools or their details,
- the Commonwealth accepts no responsibility for their accuracy, completeness or currency, and
- you need to exercise your own skill, care and judgement about using them, and seek professional advice where appropriate.
The Commonwealth also accepts no responsibility for any material obtained through external links from this site, and recommends that users exercise their own skill, care and judgement about using that material.
Use of Super Fund Lookup
You must provide all equipment and facilities you may need to access and use the Super Fund Lookup tools in the method it is provided to you.
You must only use the Super Fund Lookup tools strictly in accordance with all usage, operating and any other instructions provided to you from time to time, including those advised via the Super Fund Lookup.
You are responsible for maintaining the currency, integrity and security of the Super Fund Lookup tools you store and use.
You must not use the Super Fund Lookup in any way that may infringe the rights of any person (including intellectual property rights and any privacy rights) or breach any relevant law. We make no representation or give any warranty that any use or disclosure by you of the Super Fund Lookup will be lawful regardless of whether it may be permitted by this Agreement.
You must promptly notify us if you believe you have discovered an error in the Super Fund Lookup tools, or if you become aware of any relevant circumstance that may lead to a complaint or claim being made against the Commonwealth (for example, in respect of breach of privacy or intellectual property rights).
You must not misrepresent your rights under this Agreement or use the Super Fund Lookup tools in any way that is or may be false, misleading or deceptive.
You must not represent or imply, or allow any associated person to represent or imply, that the Commonwealth endorses, approves, or is affiliated in any way with you or any use you may make of the Super Fund Lookup tools or any of your products or services.
You acknowledge that details that form part of the Super Fund Lookup tools may subsequently be withdrawn from the Super Fund Lookup (for example to protect the privacy of an individual). If we notify you that specific information has been withdrawn you must immediately take all reasonable action to delete all copies of that information in your possession or control.
Non-availability, interruptions and faults in using the service
Super Fund Lookup has been implemented in a technical environment designed to provide high availability and be reasonably fault tolerant. However, as with any technical system, the Super Fund Lookup may not always work as described and may be subject to interruption or breakdown for a wide variety of reasons. You acknowledge and agree that your use of the Super Fund Lookup data is on an 'as is, as available' basis only.
We may alter or, where there is reasonable cause, suspend the Super Fund Lookup tools at any time.
You must have contingency plans to deal with any disruption or unusual delay occurring in respect of the Super Fund Lookup tools.
Each updated version of the Super Fund Lookup tools are protected by copyright – © Commonwealth of Australia. You may:
- download a copy of the Super Fund Lookup tools from the Super Fund Lookup website, and
- display, print and reproduce that downloaded copy for your personal, non-commercial use or use solely within your organisation.
You may not sub-licence what you are allowed to do above, and all other rights are reserved. In particular, you may not distribute, or create derivative works based on the Super Fund Lookup (in whole or part), or use it for any other commercial purpose (e.g. direct marketing).
You should ensure that the Super Fund Lookup tools do not interfere with your computer system.
If you are located outside Australia, you are responsible for complying with local laws. Those laws may impact your eligibility to obtain or use a copy of the Super Fund Lookup tools.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law:
- the Super Fund Lookup tools are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied,
- we expressly disclaim all representations and warranties of any kind including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose,
- we do not represent or warrant that your access to or use of the Super Fund Lookup tools will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects will be corrected or that the Super Fund Lookup tools or the server which stores and transmits the Super Fund Lookup tools to you are free of viruses or any other harmful components,
- we do not warrant or make any representation that Super Fund Lookup content is correct, accurate, up to date, complete, reliable or is not subject to errors or malfunctions of any kind, and
- you (and not us) assume the entire risk for any use you make of the Super Fund Lookup tools.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude liability to you and any other persons in respect of any loss, costs, damages (including indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damages) or loss of profits which result from use or access of, or any inability to use or access, the Super Fund Lookup tool (including as a result of any act or omission by us or our negligence) or as a result of our termination of this Agreement.
Our liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition which cannot be excluded by law is limited at our option to any of the following:
- in the case of services supplied or offered by us, (i) the supply of the services again, or (ii) the payment of the cost of having services supplied again; and
- in the case of goods supplied or offered by us, (i) the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, (ii) the repair of such goods, (iii) the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods, or (iv) the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.