On this page:
Search by ABN
- You can search by ABN or Name. Super Fund Lookup will automatically recognise what
you are searching on.
- The most efficient way to search is by ABN.
- A search for an ABN will generally return only one result. However on rare occasions,
an ABN may be re-issued – please refer to the ATO's documentation on
Replacement of an ABN.
Search by name
- Searching by Name will generally return multiple results.
- Results are ordered by 'relevance'.
- The best results are achieved by entering as much of the name as you know. For
example, entering 'commonwealth superannuation scheme' will return a much
better result than entering just 'commonwealth'.
- Common abbreviations, spelling variations and nicknames are recognised- e.g. the
following are equivalent:
Qld and Queensland
SA and South Australia
Chris and Christopher
- The search is fairly tolerant of spelling mistakes – e.g. searching on 'commonwealth
superannuation skeme' will find 'commonwealth superannuation
Narrow your search
Because of the number of names in the database some searches, especially single
word searches, may not complete within a reasonable period. If this happens, you
will be given the option to search again using a 'narrow' search. A narrow search
will always return fewer records because the matching process is stricter. For example,
a typical search for abcd future fund will find:
- abcd future fund
- the future fund
- future fund - etc
Whereas a 'narrow' search will only find:
- abcd future fund
- abcd future super fund
Understand the search results
Order of the Results
At times, the order in which search results are displayed may seem a little strange.
This is because of the way in which matching records are 'scored'. If the matching
record has FEWER words than the search criteria, the score is reduced. If the matching
record has MORE words than the search criteria, the score is also reduced.
Results are listed with the highest scoring matches first. Records that score the
same are listed alphabetically within that score.
Trading As (TA)
The search cannot distinguish when the letters 'TA' represent initials
and when they represent an abbreviation for 'Trading As'. Therefore if
you search for say 'XYZ', the following will all appear as an exact match:
- abc & mn & fred & ta xyz
- xyz TA mno